This site is designed to work with *modern* HTML5 browsers like Microsoft Edge
IE10 or later also works pretty good. As of April 23, 2016 Firefox and Chrome still don't:
  1. seem to have official support for GridBased Layout but it seems to be comming soon
  2. seem to support JPEG-XR even though I believe it is a formal ISO Standard under an open format: ISO/IEC 29199-2:2012
Other browsers may also have variying support, but I *personally* consider Microsoft Edge, Chrome and FireFox the major browser vendors of present time.

PeopleSoft SQR - Process Request Shows Status of 'INITIATED' or 'PROCESSING' but No Longer Running

PeopleSoft SQR - Process Request Shows Status of 'INITIATED' or 'PROCESSING' but No Longer Running

I've been goofing around on my bicycle too much to take interest in blogging, but I recently ran across an interesting PeopleSoft error with a simple solution.

I got an SQR from Oracle that was apparently meant to be run only from SQR Express (or similar tool) in interactive mode. Unfortunately, my institution wanted to run it in the Web Based PeopleSoft Pure Internet Architecture (PIA). I was unfamiliar with SQR but I made the minimal changes necessary so I could launch the SQR from a Run Control within the PIA. Then I ran it and got a weird error...

I kept getting the error "Process Request shows status of 'INITIATED' or 'PROCESSING' but no longer running." in my Message Log and the Process Monitor status always showed a status of Error. The funny thing is that the SQR from Oracle seemed to be working just fine. I searched around the internet and thumbed though a book I had on hand [1] for a solution but didn't find exactly what I was looking for. Eventually, I started looking through the working SQRs my institution had and noticed StdAPI-Term wasn't being called at the end of the SQR. I put that line in at the end of my SQR and Viola! The error went away.

Granted it wasn't exactly that simple. There are a *few* things you also have to do *in addition* to calling StdAPI-Term like maybe including setenv.sqc and calling stdapi-init [1], but I had already done that previously and the final thing that got rid of the error was the StdAPI-Term call. So if you are getting the error mentioned in the title of this article, check and make sure your SQR matches the simple form mentioned in [2] and make sure you have a "Do stdapi-term" statement at the end of your SQR.

Bibliography

1. Galina Landres and Vlad Landres
SQR in PeopleSoft and Other Applications, Second Edition
Manning, 2003.
ISBN: 9781932394009

2. Saran, Raj
SQR using New-report Command
rajmercido.blogspot.com [Online: November 4, 2011]
[Cited: August 8, 2018.]
https://rajmercido.blogspot.com/2011/11/peoplesoft-sqr.html

©2018 - Shawn Eary
This post is copyright (where allowable) by Shawn Eary and is released under the Free Christian Media Licence (FCML). Content from authors other than Shawn Eary maintain the copyright and license rules that were imposed by the original authors.